Cash Flow Modelling
What is Cash Flow Modelling?
Cash flow modelling is the process of assessing your current and forecasted wealth. We use software (Voyant) which allows us to input all the expected inflows (income) and outflows (expenditure). This then helps us build a picture of your finances through your lifetime.
Cash flow forecasting allows you to reflect on your current financial position relative to your preferred position. This enables you to make provision or take action now to ensure you achieve your personal aspirations in the future.
The cash flow model will give a detailed picture of your assets, investments, debts, income, and expenditure, projected forward, year by year, using assumed rates of growth, income, inflation, and interest rates to show how your finances will look in right up through retirement until mortality.
As part of the financial advice process, we determine your attitude to risk and then we use this expected growth rate to ensure your expectations are realistic. The charts the system produces help to highlight or expose any shortfalls in your existing financial plan which can then be subsequently addressed at an early stage in the financial planning process.
What are the benefits of Cash Flow Modelling?
- It gives a client a graphical picture of their financial future.
- It gives a client context in which informed decisions can be made.
- It can highlight retirement funding shortfalls.
- It allows the client to map out different scenarios.
- It is a vital tool in estate planning.
- It can give peace of mind.
What sort of scenarios can we map out?
- Do I have enough financial protection in place if suddenly I could no longer work?
- Can I take early retirement?
- Will my expected retirement income sustain my required levels of spending over the longer term?
- Should I sell our investment property or keep the rental income coming in?
- What effect will downsizing the family home have in later life?
- Will we be able to afford a holiday home in later life?
- What if you want to spend €20k per annum on holidays from the age of 60 to the age of 70, what effect will this have on your assets?
- How much will I need if I want to make provisions for Long Term Care?
- What is the potential inheritance tax bill for your estate?
- Do I need this much investment risk on the table?
- Can I help my children with a house purchase?
Who is Cash Flow Modelling for?
Cash flow modelling is an exercise that should be carried out by anybody who is putting a realistic retirement plan in place and should be at the heart of the advisor process.
It is important to stress that cash flow modelling is not a process to be carried out once and then forgotten about. Cash flow modelling is a living document and should be a core part of your half-yearly/yearly financial review. Your circumstances will change each year so this will need to be updated. Even small changes can make a big difference in the long run. The results are only as good as the data that is put in so it is imperative that all information is correct.
Want to find out more?
Contact us if you would like to find out more about cash flow modelling or to discuss your overall retirement planning and we can help implement a structure which suits your unique circumstances.
We are conveniently located on the Southern Cross Road between Bray and Greystones which can be accessed via junction 7 of the N11.
This is ideal for servicing clients from the surrounding South Dublin, Wicklow and greater Leinster areas.
Our office is situated 20kms south of Dublin, just beyond Bray in Co. Wicklow. Take the M50 southbound onto the N11 then take Exit 7, the Bray/Greystones exit and follow signs to Greystones. We are on the right near the end of the Southern Cross road leading from the N11 to the Greystones Rd.
OPESFIDELIO FINANCIAL PLANNING LTD
OpesFidelio Financial Planning Ltd is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
OpesFidelio Financial Planning Ltd (Company No 456044) is a wholly owned subsidiary of OpesFidelio Ireland Ltd (Company No 158916).
OpesFidelio is a trademark used under licence.