A PRSA is a highly flexible long-term retirement arrangement designed to allow you to save for your retirement in a manner that suits you.
There are two types of PRSAs:
- A Standard PRSA which has a narrow range of investment options with maximum charging; and
- An Advisory PRSA, also referred to as a Non-Standard PRSA, which has a wide range of investment options without maximum charging.
Who can set up a PRSA?
Anybody can have a PRSA.
A PRSA is a tax efficient individual retirement arrangement which enables you and / or your employer to make regular and / or once-off contributions which are tax deductible. If you are a member of an Occupational Pension Scheme through your company, you can only pay Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to the PRSA
What are the benefits of the PRSA?
- You have complete control over your investment strategy.
- You can select from a wide variety of investment options and providers.
- A PRSA is flexible and can change to suit your circumstances, your employment, income and risk appetite.
- A PRSA can accept transfers from existing pension funds at no charge. You have the potential to hold all your pension arrangements in one source.
- The costs of your PRSA are fully transparent.
- A PRSA offers good creditor protection of your retirement savings.
- You can enjoy tax relief at your highest rate of tax on any personal contributions made (subject to Revenue limits).
- You or your employer may contribute to your PRSA. Your employer’s contribution is treated as Benefit in Kind (i.e. as taxable income) and added to your personal contribution for the purposes of determining potential tax relief.
- Your PRSA assets grow free of both capital gains tax and income tax.
- You can plan how your eventual retirement benefits are taken, in order to suit your needs. For example, you may take a portion of your benefits as a lump sum and/or set up an Approved Retirement Fund to keep your investments in low-cost environment.
Want to find out more?
Contact us for advice on whether a PRSA is the right option for you or to set up a meeting with one of our advisors where we can look at your overall retirement structure and ensure that all your pension funding is working for you to reach your desired retirement.
The Central Bank does not regulate Tax Advice, Qualified Recognised Overseas Pension Schemes or Estate Planning.
The value of investments and the income derived from them can fall as well as rise. You may not get back what you invest.
We are conveniently located on the Southern Cross Road between Bray and Greystones which can be accessed via junction 7 of the N11.
This is ideal for servicing clients from the surrounding South Dublin, Wicklow and greater Leinster areas.
Our office is situated 20kms south of Dublin, just beyond Bray in Co. Wicklow. Take the M50 southbound onto the N11 then take Exit 7, the Bray/Greystones exit and follow signs to Greystones. We are on the right near the end of the Southern Cross road leading from the N11 to the Greystones Rd.
OPESFIDELIO FINANCIAL PLANNING LTD
OpesFidelio Financial Planning Ltd is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
OpesFidelio Financial Planning Ltd (Company No 456044) is a wholly owned subsidiary of OpesFidelio Ireland Ltd (Company No 158916).
OpesFidelio is a trademark used under licence.